In this episode of the Astrology Hub Podcast, Astrologer and Starryteller Gemini Brett + Amanda ‘Pua’ Walsh, Founder of Astrology Hub, meet for part 2 of this series where they dive deeper into the astrological mysteries of Christmas and discuss the origins of many of the traditions we know today.
When you tune in, you’ll learn that many of the Christmas stories we are told have origins in the night sky, and how this can enable us to keep the mysteries and magic alive well through adult-hood. This episode is part 2 of a series we started last year and is not suitable to watch with children who still believe in Santa. You can find part 1 here.
It’s an information-packed episode! Here’s what you’ll learn:
- About the Nordic Pagan origins of the Christmas Tree, and how the tree also corresponds to the Earth’s axis.
- What stars in the sky to look for in order to see Santa’s sleigh, and how the primary motion of the Earth may be what helps Santa travel the globe in one night.
- How to explain the birth of Christ by digging deeper into the meaning and position of certain stars in the sky.
- The correspondence that the star Polaris has to the star that is traditionally placed on the top of our Christmas Trees.
- About other traditions like Yule, Saturnalia, the real meaning on the 12 days of Christmas, and who the real Saint Nick was.
- Why it’s so important to get out and experience the night sky for yourself as someone interested in astrology and the mysteries.